Saturday, December 31, 2011

Planning the New Year

First I would like to take this opportunity to say Happy New Year to all those that have paid attention to the crazy ramblings of this humble Photo-Monk. I hope you only the absolute best in all that you do in this new year.

2011 was one of the most eventful years in my life. I participated in many amazing events that brought so many creative geniuses together. I was truly humbled to be a part of such an amazing community. I sat with spiritual practitioners of many different disciplins and shared and grew in ways that I could have never have imagined.

The biggest thing this year was the photo-monk project. It bagan as a desire to share zen in the form of photography, that led to a plan to walk across the united states. While preparing for that a mugging changed the photo-monk project from zen to compassion. Starting off with an art event held at the place were I was mugged.

Then the move out of Atlanta back to my roots in the hopes of pursuing more philanthropic art projects. The Photo-Monk has become more of a life style than a project. It has become a monastic way of artistic expression. A total emersion into the ideas of kindness, compassion, expression and communication. Where it will go from here I have no idea. I want to travel the world and show it to you though the eyes of a Zen photographer. I want to have a million of my pieces hanging on walls. This way 10 million people will be talking about Zen photography. Which will turn into a billion people talking about Zen and then 10 billion trying to understand the moment.

Lets go viral and teach the world about this moment. This very moment, its beauty, its power, its secrets, its absolute truth. Lets share the photo-monk project with the world. Lets share Zen photography, compassion, kindness art and this moment with the world.

I know you want to.

Caleb Storms
Your Humble Photo-Monk.

No comments:

Post a Comment