Sunday, December 4, 2011

Living My Truth

My relocation to the midwest has effected me in many, many ways. The absence of the sun for the first couple of days made the experience haunting. The work oriented, job oriented mind set seemed foreign to me. I found myself asking myself "What was I thinking?". As the grey loomed on and I walked around a bit more. I thought of all the exciting adventures I could have in this town, if this town would have me. I'm not really sure if Indiana is ready for the return of its parodical son, but I guess only time will tell.

One thing that I noticed is how important it is for me to remain me. Not that anyone is trying to change me, I am just very different in my way of thinking than many people. I didn't notice it as much in the ATL because I was around like minded, open minded and artistic people. Here I notice it much, much more. I also see that something that seems very simple and obvious to me spiritually can be quite liberating to people that have not been exposed to such ideas. It is becoming increasing clear to me why it was necessary for me to make this move. A dharma is no good if it can't hold up to real life, and is usles if it cannot be shared. So here I am to practice, share and strengthen my personal dharma.

This is my time in the desert. A cold midwestern desert. I shall turn the sky into a bodhi tree, the clouds into dharma protectors and the wind into prayers. I shall chant until it thunders to all corners and touches a billion Buddha's ears. I shall do as I have always done, observe, meditate, make art and teach. Or at least thats what I'll tell the cops if they show up.

The Photo-Monk

No comments:

Post a Comment