Sunday, October 2, 2011

Go On Down the Tracks

It has been awhile since I posted and that is mainly due to the big changes that have been happening in the Photo-Monk's life.

After I was mugged I worked very hard trying to overcome the fear that came in the aftermath of the mugging. I am normally not the kind of person that gets freaked out about much of anything. However, something about getting mugged during daylight messed with my head. That is not good for someone that plans to walk across the country. I forced myself to walk however, trying to undue the damage done by a couple of thugs. Then the call came.

My brother called me and said point blank he didn't want me to do the walk, that it frightened him. This was a big deal for me because my brother is much more practical than me. He had also been a big supporter of the walk. More that all that, we didn't have "that kind" of relationship. My brother and I had a very strained relationship that we had built on to become closer than we ever had been. So if meant a great deal to me that had called and voiced his concern. I at first told him that I had to do this. I couldn't let my people down or myself down. But the seed was planted that I could do other things as the photo-monk that perhaps now was not the best time for a lone monk to be wondering America.

More surprises lay in store for me. As I talked about this odd phone call with my friends I could see them almost physically holding their breath as I thought about it. It started to sink in that not only my brother, but many people were extremely concerned about my walk. So i decided to test this out and mentioned to a few people that I was going to change my plans and not do the walk. To my surprise several breathed a sigh of relief saying that had a "bad feeling" about the walk, but wanted to support me anyway.

So I decided to take the Photo-Monk in a different direction. I want to focus more on the philanthropic art aspect of the project. What that means is still in development. This much is for sure, I am moving back up north to be closer to family, out of the big city. Next I am going to hatch some plan, hopefully with the help of my business minded brother on how to really do some good in this world with art.

So stay tuned to this blog for further developments. Thank you all for your on going support.

Caleb
The Photo-Monk

No comments:

Post a Comment